Here at Lyons, we take your privacy and security seriously. We treat your personal information with strict confidentiality.
This policy explains how we use and protect any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide us.
By accessing this website, you are confirming you have understood and agreed to the points in this policy. When browsing and using this website, the data controller is Lyons Jewellers Ltd.
Changes to the policy
When handling your personal data, we will always comply with the obligations set out in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation Act (GDPR) from 25th May 2018. We also promise to do the following:
- We'll only collect and use your information where we have your permission to do so.
- We'll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we’ll collect and use your information. If we collect your information for a purpose, we'll only use it for that purpose, unless you’ve been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
- We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it.
- We'll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We'll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We'll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We'll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
- We'll train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We'll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held.
How and why we collect information
There are various ways in which we’ll collect information from you, such as:
- When you shop with us instore
- When you signup to receive emails from us online or instore
- When you enter a competition or prize draw
- When you purchase or redeem a Gift Card
- When you place a product on deposit instore
- When you use our Repairs service
- When you take out Jewellery/Watch insurance
- When you contact us with an enquiry
- When you talk to us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media channel
- When you attend a customer event at a Lyons store
The information we collect and how it’s used can include:
Sharing your information
We will never sell your personal information, but there are occasions where we need to share it with trusted third parties, in order to meet our obligations to you and provide certain services.
What types of third parties do we share your data with?
- Couriers and delivery partners, so we can send your order to you
- Payment providers who we partner with for payment services instore, such as finance and credit/debit card processing
- Technology partners that help service our website and key business systems
- Other service agencies who we carefully select to provide support for things like advertising and marketing
- Any third party that requires us to disclose personal information in order to comply with legal, regulatory and statutory obligations, such as a law enforcement agency
Please be assured that when we outsource any processes, we ensure that these companies have adequate security measures in place. We’ll also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as the Brands we work with. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, which we would advise you to check before submitting any personal data.
How we store and protect your information
The security of your data is extremely important to us and we have various measures in place to ensure we’re doing all we can to protect it.
We serve all of our pages securely using the https secure technology to encrypt the data you enter and prevent unauthorised access.
We also regularly test the robustness of our IT systems to identify any vulnerabilities.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us, in order to detect the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
We’ll retain your information for as long as is required to carry out the relevant services it was collected for, or for as long as you keep your account with us.
You have various rights over the personal information we hold about you.
- You can request to access the data.
- You can correct any incorrect or incomplete information we hold.
- You can request that we delete, remove or stop processing your data.
- You can withdraw your consent, or change your preferences, for Marketing communications.
- If you wish to do any of these things you can contact us.
Opting out of marketing communications
You can opt out at any time by doing one of the following:
- You can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our Marketing emails.
- You can Contact Us using our online form
- You can write to us: Customer Services, Adele House, Park Road , St Annes on Sea, FY8 1RE.
you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Information Commissioners Office.